May 13, 2020
Fresh Design for Spring Shopping Guide
Happy Spring Fabulistas! At this time of year, I can usually be found enjoying a crisp glass of wine at a sidewalk cafe or strolling the city streets admiring New York in full bloom, but this spring looks a bit different for most of us. Spending more time indoors means were all taking an audit of our surroundings, realizing the impact our environment has on ourselves and our families. I say, lets breathe new life into our home room-by-room! I encourage you to think of this new reality as an opportunity to introduce a fresh design for spring into your space.
Living Room: Redefining Family TimeWe've all been asking a lot of our living/family rooms these past few weeks. You may have had to transform a portion of your space into a home office or classroom, but with the addition of decorative accessories, plant life, and focal points, you can create a space you want to be instead of have to be. Lighting is a key element in any space. Pair a chic lamp with an accent table and comfy chair et voila! Instant reading nook! Hosting a virtual happy hour? A glamorous bar cart is not only functional but a statement piece on which to showcase your beautiful barware. I find displaying my luxury items encourages me to use them more often! Take a break from binge-watching the latest Netflix show with a family game night! Pull up a plush stool for additional seating. As a designer, I often use strategically placed mirrors, eye-elevating art, and elongating window treatments to make a room feel larger. With a few thoughtful swaps, you can introduce a fresh design for spring to update this dynamic, high traffic environment, inviting the new season into your home. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
- The Inside Tuxedo Chair
- Costa Farms Majesty 3-4' Palm Tree, Live Indoor Plant
- Lulu & Georgia Klara Table Lamp
- Lulu & Georgia Linen Grafitto Curtail Panel
- Belle & June Gramercy Grey and White Tray
- Z Gallerie Agate Bar Cart
- Z Gallerie Murano Tables, Set of 2
- Lulu & Georgia Structure Mirror, Gold
- Z Gallerie Pure Emotion Triptych
- Belle & June Sydney Pouf
Dining Room: Gather Around the TableNow that we're eating all of our meals at home, it's the perfect time to update and upgrade your dining experience! Infuse a fresh design for spring into your mealtime with decorative dinnerware for everyday use. Setting a casual, yet elegant table with linen napkins and placemats will help satiate that craving for dining out. Get the most out of your cookware with beautiful oven-to-table options that double as serveware, then store it all in a statement sideboard. Gathering around a well-appointed table enables me and my family to re-connect with each other. Pull up a velvet chair and enjoy! 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.
- Belle & June Vietri Lastra Fish Aqua
- Godinger Oven-to-Table Glass Oval Serving Piece with Nest Gold Base
- Belle & June Ritz Placemats (Napkins sold separately)
- Lulu & Georgia Ninette Dining Chair, Turquoise
- Wedgewood Vera Wang Degradée 4-Piece Place Setting
- Belle & June Madeira Lemon Dinnerware
- Z Gallerie Rylan Buffet
- Lulu & Georgia Hannah Sideboard, Natural
...Pro Tip! Think of the dining table as a blank canvas for you to paint with your personal style. Select centerpieces that add a touch of your personality to the table, whether it's set for dinner or not. Candleholders, bowls, and vases make perfect focal points because you can easily adapt them to fit your tablescape. By interchanging floral arrangements, colored candles, and various fruits or objects you can add a fresh design for spring to these elegant vessels for each meal. 1. 2. 3. 4.
- Lulu & Georgia Lemieux et Cie Hibou Tall Vase, White
- Lulu & Georgia Alisa Bowl, White and Gold
- Belle & June Magnolia Marble Petal Bowl
- Lulu & Georgia Midge Candle Holder, Set of 3
Kitchen: Nourish the SoulThe hub of every home is the kitchen. And for me, a kitchen is the perfect place to blend both form and function with a variety of thoughtfully designed pieces. Personally, I love cooking and find that having beautiful tools like a special baking dish and glam cooking utensils makes the experience even more fun! Infusing color into your kitchen, be it in dishes, cookware, or a fun apron, can add an instant sense of cheerfulness to your fresh design for spring. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
- Belle & June Vietri Modello Large Rectangular Baker
- Styled Settings White and Gold Cooking Utensils, 16-Piece Set
- Vremi Ceramic Nonstick Cookware, 8-Piece Set
- Cultiver Jude Linen Apron
- Bloomingville Mint Green Stoneware Bowls with Bamboo Lids, Set of 3
- Belle & June Santorini Assorted Pasta Bowls, Set of 4
...Pro Tip! Composing a "design moment" on your countertop adds a touch of decor to an otherwise function-forward surface. Get the look of a professionally styled setup by leaning a cool work of art against the wall and placing a tall item like these ginger jars with a low item like this berry bowl in front of it so the art acts as a backdrop. Groupings of three are aesthetically pleasing, but feel free to play with height and scale to suit your space. We've all tried to "MacGuiver" an iPad or cookbook holder while following a recipe, so why not rest it on a beautiful yet practical stand! Finally, one of my favorite appliance brands, SMEG makes counter-worthy machines you'll never want to put away! 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
- Jogreful Vintage Cast Iron Cookbook Stand
- Spring, by Skye Gyngell
- Lulu & Georgia Siesta Photography Print by Carley Rudd
- Lulu & Georgia Farmhouse Pottery Countryman Berry Bowl
- Belle & June White Lattice Ginger Jar With Lid
- Smeg Citrus Juicer, Pastel Blue