Dec 09, 2013
Elevating Accents: How to Personalize Gifts with Ornamentation
from Odessa May SocietyEmbossed Tags Tags are a fun way to address your gifts in style. I created a method for my HGTV special to emboss my own tags so they have some flair. Here are my DIY instructions to emboss your tags. Materials Rubber stamps, carved into designs Glycerin clear stamp pad Embossing powder Heat Tool
- Wet rubber stamp on the glycerin pad and stamp a card.
- Pour embossing powder over the card until the entire image is coated.
- Allow to sit for a few seconds, and then tap off surplus powder.
- Turn on heat tool and point it directly on the stamped design at approx. 1 inch distance.
- Move the heat tool over the image until the powder is uniformly melted.
- Allow to cool/dry for 30 seconds.
from WhipperberryChristmas Ornaments I always have a few stray ornaments that won't fit on my tree. Instead of storing them away for next year, share them with others by tying them on as a gift wrap accent! I prefer to use ones that are made of fabric or clay because they'll withstand being stored in a mountain of gifts.
from A Beach CottageTwine and Fabric With a few pieces of twine and fabric you can create a lovely gift wrap motif. You may have some of these things at home, or you can buy them at a low cost. With a little time and thought you can have some gorgeous gifts wrapped in fabric!
from Bo BedrePresentation is so important when it comes to gift giving. It shows that you really thought about the person, what they are getting, and how they are getting it. Do you personalize your gift wrap? Which of these ideas resonates with you? Don't forget to tune in to my HGTV Holiday special this Friday at 8p.m. EST to see those embossed gift tags in action!