Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you had a fabulous weekend and are excited for this week. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays – I love to decorate, I love to entertain, and I love to cook…If you are stressing out over planning the perfect dinner, I want you to relax and stop worrying!
Thanksgiving is all about spending time with loved ones and not sweating the small stuff….so this year, let me take the stress away with this simple list I found on Epicurious. It’ll keep you focused without missing out on the fun (…and you know that’s what I live for!).
- If stuffing your turkey, prepare the stuffing and fill the turkey.
- Put the turkey in to roast.
- Defrost breads and any other prepared items that have been frozen.
- Chill white wine and beer. Set up the bar for any other drinks you’ll be making.
- While the turkey is roasting, complete all the other dishes. Let them stand at room temperature or, if ready more than one hour ahead, refrigerate.
Half an hour before dinnertime:
- When the turkey comes out, let it rest while you make the gravy and reheat the side dishes on the stovetop, in the oven, or in the microwave.
- Dress the salad.
- Carve the turkey and serve the meal. (Don’t forget to save the carcass for turkey soup.)
- Wrap up leftovers within two hours. (See recipe ideas for using up leftover turkey.)
- Make coffee and tea, whip cream for pies, and serve dessert.
Do you have a routine for Thanksgiving? How do you stay on track (while still having fun!) with dinner preparations? I’d love to hear from you, so leave a comment below, or share with me over Twitter and Facebook!