Nov 19, 2012
Through My Eyes: Preparing for Thanksgiving
- If stuffing your turkey, prepare the stuffing and fill the turkey.
- Put the turkey in to roast.
- Defrost breads and any other prepared items that have been frozen.
- Chill white wine and beer. Set up the bar for any other drinks you'll be making.
- While the turkey is roasting, complete all the other dishes. Let them stand at room temperature or, if ready more than one hour ahead, refrigerate.
- When the turkey comes out, let it rest while you make the gravy and reheat the side dishes on the stovetop, in the oven, or in the microwave.
- Dress the salad.
- Carve the turkey and serve the meal. (Don't forget to save the carcass for turkey soup.)
- Wrap up leftovers within two hours. (See recipe ideas for using up leftover turkey.)
- Make coffee and tea, whip cream for pies, and serve dessert.